Monday, October 20, 2008

When it hurts you, it hurts you so good

Today I am being made aware of all the missed encounters. Craigslist calls them "missed connections." Craigslist makes me laugh.

Back to the topic at hand. I'm sitting in Starbucks in the library on campus, coffee-less, as the empire that controls the food on campus is ridiculously expensive. So I'm sitting here and I'm watching all of the people that go by, and it's crazy to me that in all of these opportunities, there is no encounter. Most people don't even acknowledge when you look at them, let alone open themselves up to the possibility of a conversation with a stranger. I always hear people complain about how they wish that we, as a society, weren't so disconnected. Yet we perpetuate that disconnect. What are we doing to connect besides complain?

Random thoughts that I tried to make sense of.

I got distracted by a girl in a skirt and Uggs. Need I say more?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Interesting. . . It's funny how we're so quick to complain about our circumstances, but slow to take any steps to change them.